OPTIONAL: If you added new hires last pay period
- Log into your Wagepoint account
- Confirm your employee has been added to the system. If not, you can add their info yourself or ask Cycle CPA to do it for you
- Review employee/contractor information is correct
- Ensure the pay rate is correct
- Confirm the new employee uploaded bank information
OPTIONAL: If you use Luna to track vacation time
Do the following when entering hours in Wagepoint
- Enter vacation hours from Luna into Wagepoint (applicable if set up with Luna)
- Open www.luna.wagepoint.com
- Click on “Manager Actions” > “PTO Payroll Data” > Select the current pay cycle > “Go”
- Do not click on “PTO Tracking”
- You can view here all the vacation hours for each employee. Copy these numbers directly into Wagepoint for each employee who took vacation hours.
Do the following after the payroll has been finalized in Wagepoint
- By running accruals in Luna following each payroll, you are making sure that the most up-to-date hours are available for each employee's plans.
- Log into www.luna.wagepoint.com
- Click on “Manager Actions” > “Run Accruals” > Select the pay group, the plan and the pay cycle you just complete in Wagepoint.
- Click “Run Accrual Now”
- Repeat this process for each pay group/plan to ensure all balances are updated for each cycle.
Step 1: Approve hours in Track
(If your business is set up with Track)
Before completing payroll in Wagepoint, you need to approve your employees hours in Track (by Wagepoint).
- Login to www.wagepoint.com
- Click “Settings” on the top right
- Click “Track”. This will open up the track website
- Click “Manager Actions”
- Click on “Approve Time”
- Review employee hours and Approve.
- You will see a list of your employees and the hours for approval.
- Click “Take Action” on each employee line.
- Review the employee hours
- Make sure hours haven’t been tracked for statutory holidays (the software will account for that automatically)
- Discuss any discrepancies with employees and revise hours as needed
- Once confirmed, click Approve
- Once this is complete for all employees, you can move into Wagepoint to complete payroll
Step 2: Complete payroll in Wagepoint
- Login to www.wagepoint.com
- Click on “Payroll” in the menu, select the pay group (monthly or biweekly) that you want to process, and press “Next”
- Check the first, last, and pay date are all correct. Then press “Next”
- We recommend a Saturday for first day of pay cycle, Friday (14 days later) for last day of pay cycle, and pay date 4 days after the last day.
- For example: First (July 3rd), Last (July 16), Pay Date (July 20)
- Click “Import Hours” to pull the hours you had approved in Track into Wagepoint.
- Review the Hours, Overtime (OT) hours, and vacation hours for all hourly employees and contractors
- If you are not paying an employee/contractor, we recommend turn the button under “Pay?” to off for that person to save the processing fee for them
- Press next when you’re satisfied that the numbers are correct
- Review the Hours, Pay, and Vacation hours of each salaried employee
- Press “Next” when you’re satisfied that the numbers are correct
- OPTIONAL: Click on “View” beside each employee/contractor to review their calculation OR click “View All” to see the income, deductions and total net pay for all employees
- Click the box beside “I confirm” and click “Approve Payroll” when you’re satisfied and want to complete the payroll payments
- Once you do this, Wagepoint will start the process to withdraw money from your bank account
- You’ll see a confirmation screen